What are the delivery costs?
We offer Free UK Delivery on all orders.
Including: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands.
Standard delivery is normally 2 - 5 working days.
International delivery costs and delivery times vary for different countries. Please see here for more information.
For guaranteed Christmas delivery please order bikes before 11am, Tuesday 20th December and all other items before 11am, Wednesday 21st December. Guaranteed Christmas delivery applies to all items with the icon, please choose your option/size to see if the specific item you are after qualifies for Christmas delivery.
The Long Haul Trucker was designed in all aspects to go the distance in relative comfort, and to be able to haul a bunch of stuff. Its low bottom bracket and long chainstays give comfort and stability. We gave it ample tire clearance for larger tires (larger tires soak up a lot of road static) with room for fenders. The frame's tubing is thicker-walled and larger-diameter than standard road and sport-touring frames, and this pre-tunes it for the weight of cargo. And it's got all the braze-ons, from rack mounts to water bottle cage bosses to spare spoke holders. Like all our frames, it's made of CroMoly steel. You'll probably never need to have the frame repaired, but if you do you're more likely to find someone who can weld steel than someone who can weld titanium or aluminum. Repair carbon fiber in the middle of Mongolia? Good luck with that.
For the completes we chose components that balance technical ability, durability, and value. This is stuff that works well on a fully loaded tourer, will last you a while, and won't shoot holes in your wallet. Add whatever else you need, like racks and fenders.
The standard Long Haul Trucker is compatible with good ol' rim brakes. It's available as a frameset and as a complete bike, with 26" wheels in 42-62cm frame sizes, and with 700c wheels in 56-64cm. The fork has two sets of eyelets on the dropouts as well as at proper mid-blade height, and bosses built into the side of the crown. All this makes the fork compatible with most types of racks, and gives options how you can mount racks and carry your stuff.
Go somewhere. Do something. Ride a Long Haul Trucker.
Frameset Specification :
- Tubing: 100% Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. TIG-welded
- Rear Dropouts: Vertical, 135mm O.L.D.
- Brake Compatibility: Rim brake pivots front and rear (cantilever or linear pull)
- Braze-ons/extras: Upper bosses and dropout eyelets for racks front and rear, fender eyelets, pump peg, downtube lever bosses, three sets of H2O cage bosses, rear housing stop for rim brakes, housing stops for brake and derailleurs, emergency spoke mounts
- Seatpost diameter: 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp diameter: 30.0mm (Surly stainless included)
- Headset/Steertube: 1-1/8? threadless
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter: 28.6mm (bottom-pull)
- Bottom bracket shell: 68mm wide, threaded standard English (1.37? x 24t)
- Chainring Clearance: 42/53t double, 38/52/56t triple
- Tire Clearance: 26?: 2.1? with or without fenders; 700c: 42mm with fenders, 45mm without fenders Individual tire and rim combos affect tire clearance
Fork spec :
- 4130 CroMoly, lugged and brazed. Proprietary sloping crown with threaded eyelets, tapered and butted curved blades with mid-blade rack eyelets, dual dropout eyelets