What are the delivery costs?
We offer Free UK Delivery on all orders.
Including: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands.
Standard delivery is normally 2 - 5 working days.
International delivery costs and delivery times vary for different countries. Please see here for more information.
For guaranteed Christmas delivery please order bikes before 11am, Tuesday 20th December and all other items before 11am, Wednesday 21st December. Guaranteed Christmas delivery applies to all items with the icon, please choose your option/size to see if the specific item you are after qualifies for Christmas delivery.
Ogre and Long Haul Trucker. Like the Ogre, ECR can run racks, fenders and disc brakes simultaneously, front and rear. It's compatible with singlespeed, full derailleur and IGH drivetrains (it even features a dedicated Rohloff torque arm mount); the rear dropouts are just like those on our Ogre (and Troll) frames. Run what you like. ECR's got multiple water and 3-bolt gear cage mounts on the frame and fork, which are handy for carrying more water, stove fuel, milk, a sleeping pad, small mammals or whathaveyou. It takes 34mm headsets (i.e. old standard) and regular mountain bike hubs (100mm front and 135mm rear). All the cable guides are designed for full length housing, in order to keep out the elements. The rigid fork can be swapped out for an 80mm suspension fork if you prefer, but then you'd not only lose a lot of the hauling capacity of the fork, you'd lose out on the ability to run a 3" tire on a 50mm rim.
Oh yeah. That. ECR is of the 29+ category, a name we made up when we introduced the Krampus, to indicate a wheel size that is more than 29"...more width, more height, more traction, more float. More. The tires even add a bit of low-tech but effective suspension. 29+ might also be called 'mid-fat,' in that the tires are larger than standard 29" mountain bike tires and the rims wider, but not as big or wide as true fat bikes. The approach angle of such big tires (close to 31") combined with the extra traction and float of high volume, low weight rubber make this bike extremely capable of going lots of places, from roads to trails to little traveled back country.
While the ECR borrows from Ogre, Krampus and even the Long Haul Trucker, it's really none. It is a specific animal, with geometry, features and components all chosen to let you navigate any road, from perfect to abandoned. It's not as speed-obsessed as Krampus, and it's capable of going deeper than Ogre. It's a pack mule, a pedal-powered escape pod. Choose from our stock trim, or get a frame and build it up to suit your needs or tastes, and start riding. Wherever you want to explore, this is the bike that can get you there.
- Sizes: 29"+ wheel in sizes XS-XXL
- Tubing: 100% Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. ED coated. Double-butted main triangle. TIG-welded
- Rear dropouts: Horizontal slotted w/derailleur hanger, 135mm O.L.D. Troll dropouts, trailer mount
- Brake compatibility: 51mm I.S. disc calipers (Max rotor size 160mm rear, 203mm front)
- Braze-ons: Two water bottle mounts on XS-M, three water bottle mounts on L-XXL, Surly Trip Guide full line guides for brake and derailleurs, fender and rack eyelets
- Seatpost diameter: 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp: 30.0mm (Surly stainless included)
- Headset/Steertube: 1-1/8" threadless
- Front derailleur clamp: High direct-mount standard (adapter included)
- Bottom bracket shell: 73mm shell width, threaded standard English (1.37" x 24t)
- Chainring clearance: Triple 22/34/44t, Double 26/39t, Max single ring clearance, middle position, 34t. Outer position 44t (Triple will only work with 2.5" tires or smaller)
- Tire clearance: 29 x 3"
Fork spec :
- TIG-welded custom-butted 4130 CroMoly, 80mm suspension corrected, 1-1/8" steerer tube, 203mm disc brake clearance