Group Purchasing Manager
We are one of the UK’s largest independent cycling retail groups, with headquarters in Swansea and over 250 employees. As part of the Halfords group we’ve grown from a small shop into a strong operator in the premium cycling market.
The Purchasing team is a pivotal department within the group with a department spend of £30m. As the Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for developing, leading and executing purchasing strategies, crafting negotiations and closing deals with optimal terms. You will manage a team of 10 employees and a supplier base of 90 suppliers. The successful candidate is also responsible for tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
Skills and Experience
- Proven working experience as a Purchasing/Procurement Manager
- Familiar with sourcing and supplier management
- Knowledge of market dynamics and business acumen
- Ability to gather and analyse data and report key functional metrics
- Negotiation and networking skills
- Solid leadership capabilities and decision-making skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proven track record of team management and development
Bikes are in our DNA, so for this role an interest in cycling and any bike industry knowledge would be advantageous.
Salary & Benefits
- Circa £30K (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Sickness pay policy
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- Salary sacrifice scheme access
- Life assurance
- Staff discounts scheme
To apply for this role, please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com