What are the delivery costs?
We offer Free UK Delivery on all orders.
Including: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands.
Standard delivery is normally 2 - 5 working days.
International delivery costs and delivery times vary for different countries. Please see here for more information.
For guaranteed Christmas delivery please order bikes before 11am, Tuesday 20th December and all other items before 11am, Wednesday 21st December. Guaranteed Christmas delivery applies to all items with the icon, please choose your option/size to see if the specific item you are after qualifies for Christmas delivery.
The Pacer is not what most race-inspired roadies seem to drool over. It isn't made of ultra-light, superexpensive materials, and it isn't festooned with lots of bright colors and graphics. This is not a racing bike. It's a bike meant for all-day rides. That may not be glamorous but it makes a lot more sense for how people actually ride than many road bikes out there.
Pacer's geometry and Surly-designed CroMoly steel tubing make it fast and efficient like a road bike should be. Its lively, climbing and descending with equal agility, but it's comfy too. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but then it doesn't need them. Add water bottle cages and fenders if you like, then get out and ride. The clearance for tires up to about 32mm is a nice feature for an all-day bike. Higher volume tires take the edge off the bumps and jangles which otherwise can harsh your ride since tire casings flex before the frame. The frame is designed around common component standards, so there aren't many restrictions about how you can build it. If you choose the Pacer complete bike you'll find it has a nice mix of parts that work well and are durable. This year we changed up the componentry to a Shimano 105 Drivetrain and its got a shiny new paint job too. Prit-ty fancy.
There are a lot of other road frames out there that are flashier, more exotic, and full of promises most riders only dream of fulfilling. The Pacer doesn't need to make promises. It's too busy out there in the sun and rain, pounding out miles, flying down the road.
Frame Specifications :
- Tubing: Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. TIG-welded
- Rear dropouts: Vertical dropouts, 130mm spaced; with eyelet
- Brake compatibility: Mid-reach 47-57mm
- Braze-ons: Single fender eyelets front and rear, dual water bottle mounts, and pump peg (54cm and larger)
- Seatpost diameter: 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp: 30.0mm Surly stainless, included
- Headset: 1-1/8" threadless
- Front derailleur clamp diameter: 28.6mm
- Bottom bracket shell: 68mm wide, threaded English 1.37" x 24t
- Chainring clearance: 39/53t
Fork spec :
- 4130 CroMoly, lugged and brazed. Sloping crown, tapered and butted curved blades with dual dropout eyelets
- Tire clearance: Room for 700c x 32mm or 700c x 28mm with fenders (tires that measure 35mm wide will fit)