Group Financial Controller
Main Purpose of the role
The Financial Controller is required to produce the necessary financial reports and business performance data, based on a close understanding of the business, ensuring a level of reporting adequate for the company’s needs.
- To deliver the monthly financial reports and business performance data to the executive and group boards.
- To lead, alongside the Director and other finance managers within the Halfords Group.
- To deliver quality technical input to the company’s accounting policies and practices.
- To communicate with auditors and tax advisors on all relevant matters.
- To deliver financial and phasing inputs for budgets and forecasts.
- To influence colleagues within the business to recognise the value adding service delivered by the finance function.
- To lead and develop the financial reporting team and the Performance Cycling Ltd (Tredz & Wheelies) accounting function.
- Preparing and communicating management information required for weekly and monthly review meetings.
- Providing high quality financial analysis for the business in order to assist with better decision making.
- Sourcing and preparation of data for month end accounts within required deadlines.
- Willingness and flexibility to support other areas of the business outside of day to day role.
- Any other reasonable requests as required to support the business.
The ideal candidate will display the following attributes
- Qualified accountant with up to 5 year post qualified experience.
- A keen passion to learn and pick things up with an inquisitive nature.
- Ability to work accurately at pace.
- Strong analytical and IT skills, particularly Excel.
- Familiarity with other MS applications (Word/Powerpoint).
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data from numerous sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-finance personnel of differing levels and work as part of a high functioning team.