Dispatched in 1-2 days
What are the delivery costs?
We offer Free UK Delivery on all orders.
Including: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands.
Standard delivery is normally 2 - 5 working days.
International delivery costs and delivery times vary for different countries. Please see here for more information.
For guaranteed Christmas delivery please order bikes before 11am, Tuesday 20th December and all other items before 11am, Wednesday 21st December.
Guaranteed Christmas delivery applies to all items with the icon, please choose your option/size to see if the specific item you are after qualifies for Christmas delivery.
Your any weather wet lube :
- Prevents rust
- Mini bottle for touring
- Pocket and saddle bag sized!
Green Oil chain lube was developed in 2007, and is the country's if not the World's first biodegradable bike chain lube. It lasts in excess of 100 miles on the chain per application (depending on conditions) and has won a wealth of awards - from environmentalists and the bike industry alike.
Green Oil has an easy to use 'snap cap' Simply twist and pull off in one go. It has a fantastic long nozzle, easy to get to hard to reach areas.
Green Oil chain lube now contains N-Toc, a special refined plant extract to increase durability, increasing the length of time between applications.
Green Oil can also be used for cables, brake leavers, bike locks and for other lube applications. Its versatile. We don't want to encourage too much flying - climate change being a problem of course, but if you do need to take a plane you an take Green Oil with you. Green Oil is within the 100ml fluid limit, so you can even take it in your hand luggage (for a cheeky bit of on plane bike maintenance perhaps!).
Why use chain oil?
A chain can be over 99% efficient in transferring energy from your pedalling to kinetic energy to drive the bike forward.
Friction occurs between links, and lubricating the chain reduces this - increasing efficiency.
Also, your bike chain is exposed to the elements: water + steel = rust. Rust = reduced efficiency (and harder pedalling!)
Rust and wear due to friction also reduce the life of your bike chain. Green Oil chain lube reduces both, extending the life of your chain, and reducing friction, for a smoother ride.
How to apply :
- Ensure your bike is secure
- Preferably clean the chain first, and dry. (A wipe down with a rag is better than nothing)
- Work out how many times you need to spin the cranks for one chain circulation - Slowly turn the cranks backwards, watching a single chain link go all the way around.
- Apply Green Oil to the top part of the bottom half of the chain (if that doesn't make sense, hopefully the diagram below does!). Apply to one length of the chain. Apply to the 'rollers', the cylinders on the chain.
- Carefully spin the cranks a few times.
- Wipe off excess from the outside of the chain with a rag. Its most important to have lube between the links of the chain, rather than on the outside.
NB. If there is snow, we recommend not doing part 6, and putting two layers of Green Oil on, ensuring the whole chain is coated. Salt on the roads means you need extra protection, as salt causes rust- so lots and lots of chain oil is a good thing in these conditions. Generally though a thin layer is cleaner and more efficient.