Dispatched in 1-2 days
Finance from £17.29/m
Add to basket
15.9% Classic credit finance
36 months 15.9% classic credit ..................£17.29
24 months 15.9% classic credit ..................£24.20
0% Interest free finance
24 months 0% interest free .........................£20.84
18 months 0% interest free .........................£27.78
12 months 0% interest free .........................£41.67
6 months 0% interest free .........................£83.34
BASED ON A 0% DEPOSIT
Flexible deposits from £0
Applying for finance online is quick and easy:
Click 'Add to basket' and proceed to your shopping basket where you can apply for finance and select your payment options.
What are the delivery costs?
We offer Free UK Delivery on all orders.
Including: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands.
Standard delivery is normally 2 - 5 working days.
International delivery costs and delivery times vary for different countries. Please see here for more information.
For guaranteed Christmas delivery please order before midday, Monday 21st December.
Guaranteed Christmas delivery applies to all items with the icon, please choose your option/size to see if the specific item you are after qualifies for Christmas delivery.
We've offered the Karate Monkey as a single speed build for years. It could always accept gears - we just left them off--but Surly, being the nice people we are, decided we'd give you an out of the box multi-speed option so you can start shredding the trails if gears are your thing. In many ways, it's the same Karate Monkey we all know and love. It uses the same nimble geometry that made the Karate Monkey famous. The tubes are still our very own 4130 'Natch tube set we've all been riding around on since the beginning, plus you get all the benefits of some nice little frame updates. What are those benefits, you ask? Let's have a look! The tip of this spear is the 44mm headtube, which allows you to run either a straight or tapered fork like the 15mm Thru-axle Fox Float 32 we've spec'd on the complete bike to keep your front wheel planted on the ground and tracking at all costs. The Surly Modular Dropout System, or MDS if you're into the whole brevity thing, gives you the choice between horizontal, standard vertical or a 12x142 thru-axle. The 10 speed Deore shifty bits we've used will make riding a veritable breeze without breaking the bank or requiring you to break into a bank. We've also strayed from our usual finish option of solid powder coat colors and have instead opted for a translucent powder coat. This finish is far cooler because it gives you a window into the "soul" of the frame. Yes, you can see right down to the metal- and that's pretty Metal. If you guessed that we took what was already a versatile and capable 29" trail bike and made it even more versatile and more capable, then you'd be exactly correct. Good work, smart guy.
Frame Highlights :
- Tubing: Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. TIG-welded
- Rear Dropouts: Our Modular Dropout System gives you the option of 142 x 12 thru axle (Shimano Direct Mount derailleur hanger [axle included]), 9mm QR geared, or singlespeed
- Brake Compatibility: 51mm IS disc mounts front and rear
- Braze-ons/extras: Dual water bottle mounts, Surly Trip Guides for continuous brake and derailleur housing
- Seatpost diameter: 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp diameter: 30.0mm (Surly stainless included)
- Headset/Steertube: 44mm ID. Recommend EC44 lower cups. Zero Stack on top is o.k
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter: 28.6mm (high-direct) adaptor included
- Bottom bracket shell: 73mm wide, standard English threading (1.37" x 24t)
- Chainring Clearance: 24/36/48t
- Tire Clearance: 29 x 2.55" knobbies. Individual tire and rim combos affect tire clearance
Fork spec :
- Suspension-corrected (80mm), tapered and butted straight blade, 4130 CroMoly. 51mm IS disc mount