Reporting to the Development Manager in the Wheelies IT Team, this role would suit a developer who takes pride in producing high quality, technical solutions, with a natural inclination for writing maintainable code.
The Web Developer delivers the presentation layer of multiple major projects to redevelop and expand our eCommerce websites.
Working in a continuous learning environment there will be the opportunity to progress within a rapidly expanding and busy agile in-house development team.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of coding standards, fast page load times, and search engine optimisation
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to produce high quality page layouts following exacting design guidance
- Comfortable working within a team of agile software developers of mixed ability and areas of expertise
- Excellent task and time management skills
- Ability to adhere to departmental standards and best practices
- Excellent communication skills
- A self-starter keen to get involved in a variety of projects
- Experience of working on a mix of existing and new code
- SCRUM or Agile experience would be advantageous
- Delivering high performance enhancements to our commercial ecommerce websites
- Working closely with all members of the development team as needed to deliver the solution
- Liaising with internal business users, the 1st line IT support and infrastructure team
- Attending and contributing to design discussions and meetings
- Ensuring all departmental administration and time recording systems are kept up to date
- Good timekeeping
- Pay grade of £25-35K, depending on relevant experience