Email and Digital Marketer
Wheelies started life over 25 years ago as a local independent bicycle shop and has grown into a group of cycling-related companies which includes the online retail division Wheelies.co.uk.
As we have been growing fast we are now looking for an online marketer who loves all things digital to join our eCommerce team. Previous digital marketing experience will be required to be successful in this role, if you like and know about cycling even better!
Working in conjunction with the Head of eCommerce, you will be implementing part of the eMarketing strategy focused on growing revenue through maximising a range of digital channels to deliver and surpass the budgeted revenue for this financial year. You will be looking to develop customer acquisition, engagement and retention through email programmes and you will be responsible for PPC and Affiliate activities. Supplying relevant reports on how the strategy is performing is a key part of the role. You will be working as part of the eCommerce team which includes Merchandising, Graphics, Content and Marketing.
Reporting to: the Head of eCommerce
Work with the Head of eCommerce to develop and manage email subscriber lifecycle programmes to increase mailing lists, improve conversions and improve customer retention.
- Devise welcome programmes for new customers and create retention programmes for lapsing customers. Nurture relationships with prospects to engage and turn these into customers. Improve relationships with existing customers for retention and upsell/cross-sell opportunities, using database segmentation and demonstrating ROI.
- Create triggered emails where relevant in the customer journey, including basket abandonment showing improved ROI.
- Identify opportunities for relevant messaging and personalisation to improve the engagement between Wheelies and its customers.
- Grow the customer database and improve the data quality to allow segmentation.
- Devise and test ideas for optimising campaign performance, using analytics to evaluate test results to continually improve agreed KPIs.
Improve the outcomes of existing PPC and Affiliate programmes and identify additional digital activities.
- Manage our paid search agency, demonstrating revenue goals, efficiency and volume. Identify opportunities to expand the programme and improve profitability of campaigns, across platforms and including mobile.
- Management of the affiliate programme to establish strong relationships and revenue growth partnerships to achieve agreed KPIs.
- Ensure the agencies perform against set targets.
- Plan and roll out additional digital marketing plans, with defined goals using customer insights and analytics data.
Analysis and reporting
- Weekly reporting on digital activities against agreed KPIs & ROI.
- Ongoing analysis and optimisation of all digital activities
Any other duties as requested by the Head of eCommerce.
- 2 years experience in a marketing role with responsibility for relevant digital marketing, ideally gained in a retail environment
- Experience of delivering email marketing & email programmes
- Experience of customer data management & lifecycle marketing
- Experience in agency management an advantage
- Proven ability to deliver to budgets
- Ability to develop email marketing plans and launch initiatives/campaigns
- Experience of working in a fast-moving environment with competing deadlines and priorities
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent Web Analytics skills
- Understanding of SEO techniques
- An understanding of HTML/email coding best practice
- Copy writing experience an advantage
- Experience of Display or Content Network management an advantage
- Being a cyclist a distinct advantage
- Experience will be more important than qualifications. Ideally educated to Degree level, with professional eMarketing Qualifications a distinct advantage.
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Good team player
- Excellent command of written English
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Analytical and excellent attention to detail
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to perform under pressure and with short lead times